郭岱宗(英文系副教授)
一、請更正以下文法:
1. Study English in Tamkang University is a wonderful thing.
在淡大學英文,是一件很棒的事。
2. My roommate is always late since we live together.
我的室友從我們住在一起之後,就一直遲到。
3. One of my favorite book is xxx before I meet you.
在我認識你之前,我最喜歡的書之一。
4. This teacher requires all students work very hard.
這一位老師要求全部的學生都得用功。
5. We married in 1980 and will be married for 30 years soon.
我們在1980年結婚,快滿30年了。
6. If I were you, I will go now.
如果我是你,我現在就會去。
7. If I were you, I would go yesterday.
昨天,如果我是你的話,我就會去。
8. He never gives up since he is 18 years old.
他從18歲開始,就不曾放棄過。
9. If you know the answer, why did't you say it?
如果你知道答案,剛剛為什麼不說?
10. Work in TSM is tired.
在台積電上班很累人。
二、答案
1. Studying English at Tamkang
解析:主詞必須用名詞(包括動名詞、名詞子句、名詞片語)或不定詞(to…)
2. My roommate has always been late since
從以前到「現在」:現在完成式
we lived together.
過去式
3. One of my favorite books was xxx before I met you.
過去式 過去式
解析:One of後面必須接複數,所以book用複數。
4. This teacher requires all the students to work very hard.
解析:(1)片語: all the
(2) require是動詞,work也是動詞,一句話中兩個動詞,所以第2個動詞之前用to
5. We were married(1) in 1980 and will have been married(2) for 30 years soon.
解析:(1) 結婚是被動語態:be married
(2)這一段時間「快」「滿」30年了,是未來的完成式:will have p.p.
6. If I were you, I would go now.
解析:假設語氣的動詞永遠往過去退一步,這是「現在假設」所以用「過去式」。
7. If I had been(1) you, I would have gone(2) yesterday.
解析:(1)這也是假設語氣。既是「昨天」,就是過去假設。所以過去式必須再往過去退一步,變成「過去完成」。
(2)過去假設的如果…,我就會去。英文是would have p.p.
8. He has never given up since he was 18 years old.
解析:(1)從以前到「現在」,現在完式。
(2)18歲是過去式。
9. If you knew the answer, why didn’t you say it?
過去式
10. Working(1) at(2) TSM is tiring(3).
解析:(1)改成動名詞才能做主詞。
(2)在哪家上班、上學,一律用at。
(3)tired 累
tiring 使人累